Thursday, February 15, 2007

Rant: Rogers Communications, Inc.

My cable provider, Rogers Communications, has moved Speed Channel to digital cable on the eve of the Great American Race, the Super Bowl of Motor Racing - the Daytona 500. Jumping up and down on my cold corpse, Rogers has replaced Speed with a channel that apparently plays Kevin Costner movies 24-7. As all the kids are saying these days, "wtf"? I will never, ever give money to this company again. I am canceling my cable subscription, effective the end of March.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't have a cable subscription.

David said...

In London...

talk talk talk said...

I like my rabbit ears best. They don't annoy me with channel changes nor, after making me wait weeks like Bell, ask me to sign a waiver in case they damage the outside wall and create a nice entrance for the wind and bugs.

David said...

That's exactly my plan - rabbit ears. The nice thing about Toronto is that they still pull in about 10 channels. For those poor souls living more than a few miles from the border, they're locked into the three channel universe of CBC, Global, and TVO.