Friday, November 10, 2006

Everything I Love: Dashboard Jesus

With a roll of the eyes to the United Church's latest act of impiety, I offer the lyrics to my favourite song from my favourite film:

I don't care if it rains of freezes
'Long as I got my Plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car.
Through my trials and tribulations
And my travels through the nations
With my Plastic Jesus I'll go far.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
As long as I've got my Plastic Jesus
Glued to the dashboard of my car,
You can buy Him phosphorescent
Glows in the dark, He's Pink and Pleasant,
Take Him with you when you're travelling far

You can buy a Sweet Madonna
Dressed in rhinestones sitting on a
Pedestal of abalone shell
Goin' ninety, I'm not scary
'Cause I've got my Virgin Mary
Assuring me that I won't go to Hell

1 comment:

Road Hammer said...

Be sure to check out Billy Idol's version from the album "Devil's Playground".